Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Day 161 of 365

9 am - Look!! Puddles!! Haven't seen these for a while :-)
9.30am - Remember how low the river was the other day? It's started rising...
Time to move the horses to high ground...
That's right, boy, off you go, it's going to rain all day...
3.30pm - yes, it has rained all day. Photo taken a similar spot to the previous one. River has risen about 4 metres and now overlapping farmland.
7pm - we had to take the neighbour 4-Wheel-Driving across the farm to deliver her home as her driveway was flooded....it was dark but it looked like all our riverflats were well under water...the rain has now eased so it will be interesting to see what is happening tomorrow morning.

See you tomorrow,
Raewyn.

7 comments:

  1. We could use some of that rain. I am not a horse person by anyone's stretch of imagination, but I would think horses have enough sense to get themselves out of the rain. If that sounds silly....by all means laugh. I always thought of them as intelligent creatures.
    blessings, jill

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowza!!! Hope no damage, but I know that you are celebrating the rain, just as we have. I hope you clarify the horses being taken to higher ground. I think you and I take certain descriptions for granted as we have a working knowledge of what the other is saying.

    Hugs with a squish, squish and a quack quack!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow...lots of rain.... I hope everyone is safe... the rain is good but sometimes it can be scary...

    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! What a difference a day makes! I hope everything is fine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 4 metres is quite some rise in the river. I must say it was quite scary last night hearing the pouring rain and hoping the gutters coped.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a terrible weather ! Thank you for the pictures, sharing your adventurous days.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's either one extreme or another, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by to see what I've been up to today.